Is that my baby?

Gosh I have been behind in so behind in blogging because I couldn't find my camera cord to post pictures, until now!! Anyway, this is what you get....


So today in church, it was random as usual. But this Sunday was especially odd. Well, we are sitting in sacrament, we had just sung the first hymn then all of a sudden everything stops. and the president of our branch starts starring at Brian and I. And at about this time announcements are made and then another hymn and the blessing of the sacrament, so everyone is waiting for President to get up and preside. Well, he is just starring and all of a sudden he starts pointing at us...well Brian actually. And we are confused, and Brian is like "who? me?" and it was a funny moment but Brian heads up to the stand and sits down, then a woman (who no one knew) comes up to the stand with a baby and hands the baby to Brian. HAHA. I almost die laughing. SO, I guess she wants her baby blessed but in English, and since Brian was the first white boy presidente saw he called him up to bless this lady's baby. Well, Brian was freakin out because he had never done that nor knew the blessing but presidente told him what to say and he just had to translate the beginning. I think the funniest part of this story is that Brian didn't ever know the gender of the baby! hahaha. In the blessing he would call the baby "it" and "this child" hahaha. Oh boy, at one point he called the baby a "he"! Luckily the baby was a boy! Well you would think by the name you could tell what it was but Presidente told him the baby was call "Chandell" which he mistook for the Latin name "Yandell", thus why Brian thought it MAY be a girl, either way the name doesn't sound too masculine to me! Anyway, now our branch thinks Brian has a baby named Yandell. The end.


So this is what you have missed so far...


Katie and Ferenc got married!!
Here is picture of the old Tucson girls, reunited! And who is that child?

Celebrating July 4th with Brad and Emily (and baby Carson), watching the fireworks at A mountain...can I add the ice cream trucks play "la cucaracha"! haha
My mom's cousin, so my 2nd cousin?? Anyway, Sandra and her daughter, Cata, came to visit all the way from Colombia :) They even made a special visit to Tucson. We were glad to have them!


This past weekend Brian and I decided to go hike 7 Falls, in Sabino Canyon in northeastern Tucson. It was a great experience and beautiful!! It was a little less than 10 miles, so we were exhausted when we got back to the car. We started the hike around 6:30 and didn't finish it until 11:30ish. Thankfully, when you get to the end of the canyon there is a swiiming hole, so Brian jumped in, it was freezing cold. Anyway I highly suggest the hike for anyone, just take a LOT of water!

At the swimming hole taking a break and about to head back

The sun was just coming up...so pretty!


Yes, the water was VERY cold!!! haha

5 comments:

  1. That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard! Brian handled it very well! You do have a crazy Branch!

    Only in Tucson would you hear "la cucaracha" while watching the 4th of July fireworks! My mom thought that was the oddest thing.

    That hike sounds fun Brad and I should try it sometime. How did you like the play Wicked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is hilarious! I can just see you sitting there cracking up! It looks like you are having tons of fun! I miss you tons! <3 Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ward is crazy!! haha. That is so weird and random! I would have been dying if I was Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh your ward is SO entertaining hahahahaha My favorite part of the story is that Brian didn't know the gender... maybe he was inspired to call it a "he" during the blessing hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to learn spanish and switch to your ward! that's awesome!

    That kid in that picture is my cousin's daughter...why Kim is holding her, i really have no idea.

    I'm so jealous that you and brian went to seven falls! I've wanted to go for so long! Let's go camping or hiking a lot this semester!

    ReplyDelete