Random update

Well right now I am bored, actually taking a break from sewing all of Brian's patches on his scout uniform haha. My fingers are hurting, and I am still on the first one! HAHA. This would be so much easier if I just gave it to my grandma.


Anyway, recently I have come across a new discovery, well, not really new, yet a more severe state I guess you could say. MILK! I love dairy products, cheese, milk, yogurt, ice cream....I could go on. Anyway, since my sophomore year at UA I began drinking Soy milk, when I began my health nut stages, then I decided to go back to milk, thinking I could un-do any intolerance my body grew hah! anyway, I think drinking all that soy created a lactose intolerance for me. Now it is worse than ever. I am forced to drink soy milk and give up all those yummy diary products I love. I recently got really sick after eating some yogurt, so, I guess I will just have to force myself to eat/drink lactose free things! :(


On a happier note, Brian and I went on a "mini" vacation recently with my parents to California. It was a great little get away trip and we had so much fun. Brian learned to skim board and we both surfed! Well, Brian mostly, but I did get some board action haha. Anyway, we had a great time and were lucky to tag-a-long with my parents on this trip.
Brian about to surf
Somehow during this trip this man put this parrot on my arm!!

Well, a quick update, school starts the 24th, along with work. Also Brian will be taking the DAT this upcoming FRIDAY! ahh, we are nervous, yet anxious. I can't wait to know where we will be in the next year or even four years!!

Missionary update:
John: Elder Mortenson has been out for almost 3 months!!! He is serving in a town called Lompoc in Northern California. He is currently teaching some investigators who are friends with members in the local area.
I will post pictures of John once I get some from him!! :)

Jonathan: Elder La Rosa is now in Queens Park, London, England. He loves the mission, and got a special assignment after leaving the MTC. Once he reached London, his mission President told him he is to start a new branch that is Spanish and Portuguese speaking only. So his mission changed from English to Spanish and Portuguese. So Jonathan's companion knows some Portuguese so he is teaching him and since Jonathan speaks some Spanish he is learning to teach the lessons.

Jonathan on the tube in London

6 comments:

  1. I love the beach that looks so fun! I bet it was nice to go on a vacation before Brian has to take a big test like the DAT. Relax before stress. Tell Brian good luck!

    Also what a big assignment for your brother! I hope all goes well! Maybe he will have some interesting stories like your Spanish Branch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure I'll be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say that Jonathon looks sooo cute as a missionary! (You probably don't have to tell him that I said that but it's true!) And that's a bummer about the milk thing! Maybe you can get some lactose intolerant medicine or something. I would hate to go without ice cream and yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I didn't mean to spell Jonathan wrong. I'm still in bed and it's early! Don't tell him that either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my cousin! I heard the scout store sells these sticky things that you put on the back of the patches to "glue" them to the shirt instead of having to sew them by hand. Might save you some time! And sorry to hear about the milk thing. Diego has to drink soy, too. At natural food stores they sell soy cream cheese and sour cream. They really aren't bad! And Diego eats soy ice cream, too. That one is a little weird for me, but you could try it with lots of chocolate syrup or something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're lactose intolerant, but I am too! I have to take pills before I eat any dairy and I buy lactose free milk.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete