(this is shaun, he is in our Spanish branch, isn't he cute?)Happy Haloween!!
O dia das bruxas is Halloween in Portuguese !
O dia das bruxas is Halloween in Portuguese !
Well, recently school and work have kept me crazy busy! Yet, I found time for some fun!! Natalie came to visit and that was so much fun to have one of my best friends come down and see me (and Brian :) haha). I felt loved usually no one wants to come to Tucson!!
By the way I got released from the Primary :( Suprisingly I am sad about that, I loved those terrible kids. I will miss them, just not teaching them haha. Brian and I are also in the rama (branch) choir. HA! Has anyone ever been to a Spanish branch? Well, everyone knows that Spanish people can NOT sing. We had the stake choir director come today to help us and oh boy do we need work!!! I just hope that when the stake hears us they feel the spirit strongly and tune us out! :)
Anyway, Brian and I have been going to most of the football games, this weekend there is homecoming too. Since when did U of A have a good football team? Well this certainly makes the games more fun to watch!!
I have a crazy Spanish class where my teacher is nuts. Seriously. Anyway, we had class last Saturday (class on Saturday, LAME!) anyway, it actually turned out really well. We did a "Dia de los muertos" presentation with games and entertainment and dancing and singing, and I think it turned out really well. It was for low-income families in Tucson. Mainly for little kids (elementary age whom dominately speak Spanish). And I had to dress up as a skeleton and this picture of me is when I got home after la presentacion!

For Halloween Brian and I had no idea what to dress up as. How could we top last year's costume?

We decided we really couldn't so we were nerds. I know that is kind of lame, but we liked it and had fun with it. We went to a branch activity and NO ONE recognized us! HAHA. I didn't think we looked THAT different but I guess we did.


There was a trunk or treat, so we decided since we didn't decorate our car, we would do something else. So I cooked noodles, spaghetti, lentils and peas and mixed them all together in a big bowl with the candy. I originally wished I hadn't done this when the first few kids were highly hesitant to get our candy, but before I knew it we had 20 kids pushing their way to the candy bowl to touch the "BRAINS" haha. It was really funny. Actually one little boy was confused and grabbed a whole handful of spaghetti and put that in his bag. hahaha. I just laughed and handed him a piece of candy....I hope he doesn't eat that later!


We hung out with Ferenc, Katie and Anjuli and of course went to free Chiptole !

I almost forgot the funniest part!!! We bought these candy teeth, that are nasty looking...check it out haha...


This is TRUE LOVE! hahaha


Catherine! Your hair looks sooo long! I am incredibly jealous!!! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh your costumes are awesome! I think they totally compare to last years! Glad you got free Chipotle on Halloween we had to pay for ours :(
ReplyDeleteYou two are so adorable, I think that I'm going to vomit. And that picture of Brian as a nerd looks like one of those pictures where they show a general authority as a young man, so WATCH OUT, BRIAN!
ReplyDeleteIn other news, I'm also coming to Tucson at the end of the month and I want to see you two. So be ready! We should do lunch on the 27th or breakfast on the 28th or something. Or I can just stop by for a visit on the evening of the 27th. In any case, I want to see you guys before I move to Florida.