Miraflores

So we have been in Peru the past 2 weeks and it was amazing. We did so much I think I will break up our trip into segments because there are too many pictures to put in one post so this segment will be just Miraflores.

 We stayed with my family in Lima, who was so kind and generous! Muchisimas gracias a todos!! Here is the view from our apartment balcony. It was so green and pretty there considering it was winter!

My family lives in San Isidro, which is a province in Lima, the capital of Peru. So we spent a lot of time in and near Lima. The first few days we traveled to the province called Miraflores to see the coast and it was beautiful!
 We went all around the coast of Miraflores with my abuelita Ines and my mom and Brian and the driver Nata. One of our first stops was en el parque del amor (it is a park there called the "park of love")
 This was a HUGE sign we found as we were walking along the coastline...in case you don't know, it says "Carla, sorry for everything my love" haha. I just thought it truly captured the park's theme.
Yes that is Brian and I re-enacting the statue. (Let me just say my mom made us do this pose, haha)

Well, overall we had a wonderful time in Peru, minus a few things....I got very sick towards the end of the trip (reminder, don't drink the water there), my baggage was lost, and it took a whole day to get there and a whole day to get back, I am so sick of planes. You have no idea.

Some other things we got to experience ....artensanias galore!!! Cusco and the indigenous people, ancient ruins in Cusco like Saqsaywaman and more, AMAZING Machu Picchu, the Nasca lines- seriously crazy, lots of family time, Plaza de armas, GREAT food, AWESOME World cup soccer (but you are probably enjoying that too), some delicious fruits I have never seen in my life but ate anyway, the salto del fraile, many Huacas, beautiful Barranca, and more....just wait and see :)

Seriously amazing. This is one place EVERYONE needs to go and see for themselves.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I really hope Brad will take me there someday! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!!! That park is hilarious hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT looks like a cool vacation! I would totally do that. I'd even pretend to speak Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet vacation! Looks like it was a blast and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete