Siena is here!

Sorry if I am a little "mushy" in this post, but come on, I am a  mom now! It is allowed, right?



If you didn't hear...
On September 27th, 2012 at 2:24 a.m. Brian & I welcomed Siena Stella Mortenson into the world.
6 lb. 6 oz. 20 inches


It began the day before on the 26th, I was 39 weeks and my water had broken at my doctors appointment! So I met my doctor at the hospital and eventually got an epidural. I really don't want to go into detail on here about my labor & delivery but the labor was really not bad, it was quite easy. The delivery, on the other hand, was a nightmare. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I wasn't concerned about my body at that point, I wanted Siena to be okay. (It got so bad she stopped breathing :( It was really traumatic for her and I!) Long story short, she came out alive and healthy (a real blessing) after a very scary delivery.

I just love her so much! It has been an amazing experience being a mom and being able to take care of SIena. Before having a child, whenever I thought about being a stay-at-home mom, I was afraid I wouldn't like it, or afraid I would get bored and want to go back to work. HA! I was so wrong.  It is so rewarding and I love being able to stay with my little girl and watch her grow. Not to mention it is a lot of work! Like hard work! I never realized that until I had Siena.


She brings our family such joy and I can't imagine life without her.  My life, Brian's life, and Siena's life will never be the same.  I thank Heavenly Father each day for sending me a little angel to help make this earthly experience so wonderful.

** Siena is now 1 month old and it seems like just yesterday we were holding her in our arms at the hospital.  It is crazy how time flies after your baby is born. At 1 month she LOVES eating (like mom). It is actually some of the only times she smiles, during or after she is fed, ha ha! She is such a good baby and hardly cries. During her 1st month she had her days/nights confused and would be awake for 4+ hours, usually starting around midnight. I am so thankful that is now over and she is sleeping better. I love her and can't wait to see how she will grow in another month.





5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you posted this I've been dying to know how you've been! So glad she got here safe and sound. Siena is so beautiful! Being a mother really is the greatest! Congratulations again! You guys are such an amazing family. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such beautiful baby! Super-congrats, I am so happy for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo! I actually had no idea. And now it is over a month later. I'm such a lame friend. Or you're such lame friends, I can't decide which.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you posted an update! Siena is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete