2012 Happenings

Too much has happened since we started 2012.

I will let the pictures tell you how our lives have changed (with a brief description).  Enjoy.









Brian got the HPSP scholarship to cover dental school costs + more!! This means he is a Leutenant in the army and when he finishes dental school he is a Captain.  So yes, we joined the army.  I guess this makes me an army wife?
Brian was sworn in and vowed to protect the constitution and his country... (as a dentist). lol.  


We bought a house! Our first home and we are so excited! We are moving in June(ish), just before Brian starts dental school.




Well, that my friends, is a baby (and my uterus?). Our family is growing!! Around early October we will be expecting baby Mortenson to arrive! yay!! 

Now if only there was a real cure for "morning sickness" because mine lasts ALL day!


13 comments:

  1. Yeah for an update! See this is why we need to get together! Too much has happened! So many congratulations are in order, first on dental school/army, next on the beautiful new home (in Glendale I assume?) and of course on your beautiful upcoming baby (because we all know that Catherine and Brian are going to have the most gorgeous baby). Sorry about the morning sickness. I had it too, hopefully it will go away soon. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do need to get together! The house is actually in Gilbert about 2 miles from Brian's dental school. Right next to the new temple in Gilbert but about 10ish minutes from the Mesa temple.

      Delete
    2. When we go to the Phoenix area thats usually around where we go! So we'll definitely have to come and see the new place! Maybe even watch the kids while we do a temple session?

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm flattered that Brian decided to tell me before I read it on your blog. Congratulations! I can't wait to see your house! Because I'm totally coming for a visit. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me so happy! So many things to say congratulations for! Is this the house you were looking at while I was there? The ones where the houses face each other? Try squeezing lots and lots of lemon or lime into water. Or just sucking on them. It helped me. Sometimes. haha, I hope it gets better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! This is actually a different home but similar area and style as the other one.

      Delete
  4. So many wonderful things happening!! Congrats on your little peanut! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Colton, we're coming for a visit! That looks like a sweet house. And hold up, the Army?! So many new things my head cannot process them all... we need to hang out! Oh and congrats on baby M, obviously ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please vist, you can stay here on your temple visit nights??

      Ps - were heading to Tucson on April26th? It is a fri-sun weekend (I can't remember the exact date) but let's meet up!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! So many new and exciting changes in your life! I am so excited for you! Where is he going to school?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy! Sorry, I don't know how I missed your comment! He is going to AT Still University. It is in Mesa, AZ.

    ReplyDelete